When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Offer Price For Bsa Paratrooper And Swiss Militarvelo?

-

the freewheeler

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello all -

I've found myself with the opportunity to buy both a 1945 BSA Paratrooper and 1945 Swiss Army Militarvelo and wanted to get a better idea for a good offer price for the two. The seller is asking $550 for the Militarvelo and $1500 for the BSA. I was thinking I'd make an offer of $1800 for both - what do you guys think?

Both are 100% original and in very good condition. Biggest issues I know of are a ripped nose to the BSA saddle and missing frame bag to the Militarvelo. Here are a couple pictures of bikes in as close to the same condition as I could find.

Swiss Army:
5v9k5t.jpg

BSA: (this bike is more rusted than the bike I am looking at)
fbxi0h.jpg

Thanks for any input!

I would say thats a real fair offer.The Swiss Army is missing some of the leather bags and the BSA is worth around $1200

That's a good deal. What year is the Swiss. I love mine, I rode it today. Best riding bikes I've owned.

The Swiss is either '44 or '45. I think I'd actually ride that from time to time, whereas the Paratrooper would be a wall hanger.

To give you an idea, I sold my Swiss for $1400 on ebay. It did have the frame pack on it. I have a Russian link somewhere that Swiss bike parts for sale, including the packs. They are around $400.

Seller accepted $1700 for both! Will be several days until I have a chance to go pick them up though.

Sorry for the bad photos...will have to wait until I pick them up for an update.
wrhvsw.jpg

2lkr9fs.jpg

Last edited:
Back