When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good place to buy spokes?

-

3-speeder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I am looking to re-spoke some wheels for my first time. One can't be trued because all the nipples are seized and it's missing some spokes already. The other is almost as bad. I figured I would try to lace them myself with the help of the thread on here and Internet videos. Problem is where is a good place to order spokes? I would like to get the nipples included. I tried Niagara Cycle but had a bad experience. The DT Swiss that they advertise on their website said nipples included but showed up without any. I inquired about this via email, their only option for online orders, and they claimed that they emailed me to let me know the nipples actually weren't included. They claim since I didn't reply to that email they felt I was okay with that. I never got an email like that. Needless to say I am returning them. Shenanigans I claim.

The question remains ... Where is a good place to get spokes? Preferably with nipples, precut and threaded. Any place have old galvanized ones? I'm thinking I need 14g, 2mm x 284mm & 2mm x 276mm. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

14 g is pretty heavy.what are they going on.how long are the ones you have.get a mic and measure the od.I have alot of vintage spokes.

14 g is pretty heavy.what are they going on.how long are the ones you have.get a mic and measure the od.I have alot of vintage spokes.
The od is 2mm. Pretty standard. I'm looking to use them on an old three speed hub that still works great. Lengths are in the op. 276mm and 284mm, aprox 10 7/8" and 11 1/8". Any help would be appreciated.

14g isn't heavy at all. It's one step up from 15g that's found on most older bikes, and usually will fit the holes in old hubs and rims without modification. and barely noticeable.

I am looking to re-spoke some wheels for my first time. One can't be trued because all the nipples are seized and it's missing some spokes already. The other is almost as bad. I figured I would try to lace them myself with the help of the thread on here and Internet videos. Problem is where is a good place to order spokes? I would like to get the nipples included. I tried Niagara Cycle but had a bad experience. The DT Swiss that they advertise on their website said nipples included but showed up without any. I inquired about this via email, their only option for online orders, and they claimed that they emailed me to let me know the nipples actually weren't included. They claim since I didn't reply to that email they felt I was okay with that. I never got an email like that. Needless to say I am returning them. Shenanigans I claim.

The question remains ... Where is a good place to get spokes? Preferably with nipples, precut and threaded. Any place have old galvanized ones? I'm thinking I need 14g, 2mm x 284mm & 2mm x 276mm. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
I buy 14 g. wheel master spokes from Niagara all the time with no problems and they do come with nipples . I don't think a box of 75 with nipples for $28.36 shipped from NY. to CA. is expensive

I buy 14 g. wheel master spokes from Niagara all the time with no problems and they do come with nipples . I don't think a box of 75 with nipples for $28.36 shipped from NY. to CA. is expensive
Do these come with the longer nipples?

Spokes are stupid expensive. You can buy new fully built wheels for less than the spokes cost. It makes no sense. Huskey bicycles has some good prices http://www.huskybicycles.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=hb&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=spokes . Or just watch and wait on Ebay for the sizes you need..

Someday try removing a spoke from one of these wheel and bend the spoke back and forth and it will snap in two on the 2nd bend then try that with a Wheel Master or DT Swiss and they won't break

Do these come with the longer nipples?
Yes but not as long as some and not short either

BkoISSTkT%ufvi+QI3xLNA.jpg

KJBnd9i9SCu9cIG89vTZPw.jpg

Thanks for the info. Glad your experience was better. I don't know how they can advertise one way on the website and deliver something else. That is very reasonable for those wheel masters especially since I'm trying to save the hubs. Won't be going back to Niagara though.

Back