When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good start?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

Bernie

Hi all. i have been lurking here for awhile but finally joined up. i had some older balloon bikes as a kid but got rid of them due to cars/girls lol. anyway i have been eyeballing this monark and wondered if any of you could give me the aprox year and also how hard will it be to find the correct grips and the front light.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Orig-1940s-50s-...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180064709373

BTW i,m also an avid collector of antique mowers/tractors. if any of you like this sort of thing please look at my site.
thanks for any help.
Bernie

well it looks like it has a pedestal light which usually brings pretty good money but everyonce in a while you can find just the top. the grips you could prob find at memory lane or someone here might just have one to match. I might actually have one. i'll get back to you on that. but its a nice bike, if you buy one of my monark frames you can get a boys bike going on. tanks for those bikes are generally easy to find.

well it looks like it has a pedestal light which usually brings pretty good money but everyonce in a while you can find just the top. the grips you could prob find at memory lane or someone here might just have one to match. I might actually have one. i'll get back to you on that. but its a nice bike, if you buy one of my monark frames you can get a boys bike going on. tanks for those bikes are generally easy to find.

Thanks for the reply. i put in a bid so i,ll see what happens & contact you if i win it.
Bernie

I have the boys version of that bike.It's a 1947.

I sent you a PM but not sure if you got it. does yours have the light? and if so would you have a pic so i can see what i,m looking for.

thanks
Bernie

bernie,i do have a spare monark pedestal light,orig paint,w/lens,etc. you'll hate the price,though! keith at cycleplanes"r"us;)

Bernie,

Email me direct and I can send you a picture of my '47 SD, a clone of yours but with the complete orig light.

Alan

Back