When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye Elvis, Hello John Wayne!

-
Well sadly, I don’t think there is enough original paint left to save. So now it’s on
35247ACC-BD19-47D3-B9EA-C95954AEC479.jpeg
6A154BF0-5771-4760-BC66-8D6BB10CFEC5.jpeg
to a complete strip and prime/paint.

Picked up this the other day. Trying to figure out what year and hoping to use fender braces to replace broken and aftermarket braces on 43. These are still riveted to the fender - considering just using these on 43 if they are the same style. Bad idea?
C895A3E7-F380-4EC4-8E3E-243EB196AD3A.jpeg

looking good, rims were green too
Yes. But these rims were on a army air corps bicycle of a family member who was in the air corps during the war, along with the saddle and tool bag when the Air Force was formed and all the od green was painted over with blue. Original bike has a sordid and undocumented past that may or may not be based in reality So I thought I would leave it for now. That’s the story from our family historian anyways. :grinning: Besides I love the blue. Makes it look more beastly.

Looking great John!!!

Beastly!

All your efforts are really starting to show! I like leaving the rims and saddle alone at least for now!

Nate

Back