When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye Elvis, Hello John Wayne!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Almost there! Original od green bars with new coke bottle grips. Thanks to Krakatoa - great way to finish it off. Waiting on some sweet pedals - should be here by the end of the week.
6CF2451E-D293-476B-92FC-D49C8AACEFD3.jpeg

Wowzee!!

Ahhh... so nice to see John!

This makes me happy!

What a great journey, From ME to NH with a few parts from NM & PA to RI to WA, Huffman history forward!

GO CABE!:cool:

N

Putting the finishing touches on. But the guard seems like it’s riding a little high. It could be my imagination but it looks a bit off. Not sure how I can bring it down with the supports being fixed to the guard. Anybody out there with a bike like this have a tape measure handy? Looking for the distance between guard height and cranks in the vertical position.
2C5236DF-C851-4716-B82A-DB97860314E8.jpeg
1499BA0C-3C75-44BE-B8AB-B3BDBD237261.jpeg
A08436D9-E98C-4890-88CA-1A33C6DE0D0E.jpeg

Does this help?

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1942-g519-huffman-bike-project.43231/page-2#post-338704

Also you may have fitted the chainring the wrong way... just compare to original pictures...
Not that it would really matter
I don't know if that would change anything or not. I thought that i had put it back the way it was removed but wouldn't surprise me if it was wrong. The ring has some grooves from contact with frame(?) so i assumed it was in the right position :flushed: I was wondering if the spot welded brackets were different positions on the guard for frames with straight down tubes vs. the curved tube. - and if so could this guard be incorrect?

Yerps!

It looks like this one is all my fault John....:(

20180214_144023.jpg

20180214_144005.jpg

2nd pic shows the higher mounting. I did not realize one I had was different. At least it's only a couple of spotwelds.:rolleyes:

N

Back