When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye Love

-

Djshakes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Before
0222161352_HDR.jpg

After
0606162110.jpg

Never thought the day would come.

It just goes to show, that we are all just, caretakers.
Some guys take great care of them while they are in their possession, such as you, Tim.
And some guys part them out never to be seen again, such as Mortijohn.
They say, it's yours to do as you please, so there's nothing wrong with destroying the bike.
I say, really?
The Brownie Autocycle is a classic example of a bike with an impeccable chain of custody.
Every owner of that bike to date has been a great caretaker.
Here's to a long line of great caretakers!
May the new owner enjoy it's company and someday pass it on to the next great caretaker.

PS. No offense Mortijohn. It's just that sometimes these bikes need to be respected for what they are.

Last edited:
Sometimes selling a kidney on the black market doesn't sound so bad. This just might be one of those times.

I wish I would have been a position to make a run at that one or the other two. I view collecting the same way Marty does though. We are merely caretakers of these historical artifacts until we pass them along. I know the day will come that I will that I will have to move my stuff along as well. In the event I don't see it coming my executor has a short list to contact to ensure they get good homes! Tim, I hope the bike brought you joy while you owned it and congrats to the new owner. V/r Shawn

The jewel tanker shipped out last week. Boxing both Cantilevers this week. The beauty is the three will stay together as a set. Not to get sanctimonious but I really wanted them to stay together. Could I have squeezed a little more out of them by splitting up the trio?...maybe. I didn't really try though or I might have been tempted. It's funny, since I have decided to sell all my bike stuff I haven't had a lot of regrets. In fact, I am more anxious to get them gone for the space. It's weird, I guess when my mind is made up that is it. I wouldn't say I have a new hobby, not to the extent of bike collecting, but collecting pinball machines is pretty fun. Also, a few of my close friends are also collecting them so that adds to the enjoyment. Where most of my friends would look at the bikes and sort of scratch their heads, now they are anxious to play with my new toys. The parallels between the pinball market and bike hobby are almost identical. People are very particular about the condition etc. and these are made in the early 1990's unlike bikes made in the 30's! I just wanted to buy one for the mancave and found out it is an entire collectible market; much like someone wanting to buy an old bike to ride and then the bug bites you. If anyone knows of an Adams Family or Twilight pin let me know! Take care guys!

Back