When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodyear Hi-way Patrol ?

-

kendemned

Look Ma, No Hands!
It's good to be part of another forum. I'm glad to see a lot of names that I recognize here.
I recently got a Columbia Goodyear Hi-Way Patrol and I'm trying to detirmin the year. The left rear dropout has ser# B100808
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, Ken

Attachments

• Hi-Way 006.JPG
    Hi-Way 006.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 86
ok, there is a serial list for Columbias however yours is not on it. here's the deal though, the bike looks to be from the mid '50's and the list shows these serials:
1955 A-5000 through A-197956
and
1956 C-5001 through C-105020
so my guess is that Columbia reserved Bxxxxxx for their contract with Good Year Tire and Rubber. this leaves your bike #B100808 somewhere in these couple years. hopefully someone here will know more conclusively. hope this helps. you should ask about your firestone, I know there are some experts here that would know much more conclusively than I would.
Scott:cool:

Reserved #'s

Thanks Scott, The reserved # thing makes sense to me. I had actually checked the # charts prior to my post, But of course came up with the same results as you. I will post pics of the Firestone later today to see if I can gather any more info on it.
Thanks, Ken

Back