When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goofy Schwinn builds and parts in ads or old photos or real life

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's really not that unusual. Companies try very hard to get "pre-production" products to their advertising agencies before the actual product goes into production and finally shipment to the dealerships. If they waited, all of the printed catalogs and advertising would be a year late each year. It's common to be able to pick out errors if you really study the photos.

I worked for a motorcycle distributor, and we had a "brand new" model up on a revolving display stand at the annual Long Beach Motorcycle Show. The moving stand kept the public from getting up and close to it. We were told to keep people away from close contact because parts of it were carved out of wood and painted to look like metal and plastic. The "model" bike was flown in for consumer catalog photo shoots and to make the first couple of shows before the real bikes arrived.

John

Light cover is missing cobalt blue

Screenshot_20230131-190717.png

Screenshot_20230131-190622.png

Not mine ....old photo of this 30s Schwinn Looks like truss rods were turned upside down but then eyelet was welded to the top and turned upside down ?? And top was chopped and tapped for mounting?

Screenshot_20230218-180550.png

Screenshot_20230218-180654.png

I took these photos of original Schwinn catalog art about 15 years ago at the Madison Wi bike swap. They had hundreds of samples, this was all hand drawn stuff when catalogs had very little photography. It was for display only, NFS. I suppose this was to generate interest for a future auction sale. The Christmas ones are my favorites.

80E7DF37-C182-4A0F-A9F0-1BEBFE057F94.jpeg

CAE51B39-D2C3-4A2F-93FC-AFCA20B6396F.jpeg

20545995-B329-43D6-8511-EC6D099E7309.jpeg

C0BD72C5-3C19-41FD-A4A5-A158BADA6B05.jpeg

Back