When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goofy Schwinn builds and parts in ads or old photos or real life

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I took these photos of original Schwinn catalog art about 15 years ago at the Madison Wi bike swap. They had hundreds of samples, this was all hand drawn stuff when catalogs had very little photography. It was for display only, NFS. I suppose this was to generate interest for a future auction sale. The Christmas ones are my favorites.

View attachment 1790228

View attachment 1790229

View attachment 1790230

View attachment 1790231
The photos shown, artwork actually, were known as "Clip Art". It was generic artwork sent (usually quarterly) to dealerships to help them when working with their local newspaper advertising person.

The local newspaper ad person took the Schwinn artwork, and you told them which one to use, what models and price to show and they went back to their office and put your "custom ad" together. If you were lucky, you had time to proof the ad before it went to print.

This was the way it was done in the ANALOG WORLD.

John

Schwinn straight down tube c model offered in 1941??

View attachment 1746077

View attachment 1746078
I have one. Both the serial number and crank say 1941.

1941 E-Z Speed c-model

SAM_3054.JPG

SAM_3104.JPG

Did aerocycles even have this fender paint pattern? Wouldnt be crazy of it did exist.
And the non dog leg crank?
Screenshot_20230225-155233.png

Screenshot_20230225-144657.png

Back