When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gorham's Antique Bicycle Photo Album

-
A machine to kill for :)
The nickel-plating looks orignial, the paint job was well - no rust - just fabulous.
I'm uncertain about the rims - they seem to be too skiny, might be later built European Racing rims and modern tubeless racing tires.

Wow, that crank is amazing! I wonder if that was just considered a "normal" sized crank for Racycle or if that was intended for motor pacing or something similar?

I think, that giant Racycle crankset, might have wound up at Fabers bike shop in San Jose, California.View attachment 1494267
View attachment 1494268
Fabers is gone now, but I’ll bet that giant crankset is hanging in somebody’s garage.
Anybody?
Too cool, to keep it a secret.
It would just be nice to know, that it didn’t burn up in the fire, that ended Fabers Cyclery.
I removed it from the stairwell of Faber's. It's still alive and cherished
Notice my Aviator.

Last time I was at Faber's was in 2011, before the fire.
The middle pic, Alex had found a stack of these cigarettes pack covers and gave me one.
Man, I miss that place, lots of good memories.

Wonder what it would be like to just step back in time and visit one of those old shops.
When I was 10 years old (I’m now 76 ) there was a Schwinn shop about three blocks from where I lived. I would visit that shop not to buy anything just look around and touch the new bikes.
Me too…..fun

Back