When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gormully & Jeffery Help

-

prewarmachine

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just picked up this rusty G&J Rambler. I was hoping someone with some knowledge on these might be able to help identify the year and model it might be. I was told 1893. Curious if the number by the seat post might be the model? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

G&J.JPG

G&J2.JPG

G&J3.JPG

G&J4.JPG

G&J5.JPG

G&J6.JPG

G&J7.JPG

G&J8.JPG

Sounds like the Rococo started in 1898/1899. There was a similar badge that actually has American Bicycle Co on it that I found here on the Cabe. I'm guessing that was made right after the ownership change in 1900 maybe for 1901.
I guess I would have to say 1899 unless that "32" stamped by the seat post clamp means model 32, which is supposed to be a 1900 model. Maybe a 1900 G&J built before the company sold??
1557981453194.png

Thanks for the photo! I'd say it's pretty well narrowed down to 1899 or 1900. Hopefully going to straighten this frame up and put some good wheels and everything else on it and make it another rider here some day soon. Thanks for all the input on this mystery!

Back