When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a question for the bike Gods... who manufactured the Packard bicycles???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1940 Schwinn DX PACKARD

Here are some pictures of my 1940 Packard badged Schwinn DX. Schwinn used the Packard name on many bikes prior to WWII.
Notice how the Schwinn Packard badge logo is the same as the Packard car logo
I also just got a pre war girls Schwinn to part out with the same badge.......................................Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    383.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1206.JPG
    IMG_1206.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 139
Here are some pictures of my 1940 Packard badged Schwinn DX. Schwinn used the Packard name on many bikes prior to WWII.
Notice how the Schwinn Packard badge logo is the same as the Packard car logo
I also just got a pre war girls Schwinn to part out with the same badge.......................................Wayne

Hi wayne thank you for uploading the pics looks great i just got a pic of the bike from the owner through cell phone. but the crank on this bike looks like a roadmaster very wierd ! Here is a pic

0202131002.jpg

Not sure what it is, but definitely not Colson. Any pics of the head badge?

Nope this is the pics he only sent to me and it took him forever. ill post up better pics once i buy the bicycle for sure. I know that they used alot of cranks on different bike but the crank doesnt look like a colson or a schwinn pretty weird!

The Packard in question was made by Cleveland Welding and known in the hobby as "bent tank" and having a long production run from 36/37-WW2.
The fork offers some clues as to the exact age, but a SN posted and Phil can narrow it down further.
The paint detail is not common and a worthy pick up if less than 300.00 or so.
Chris

bike in first pic

definatly CWC Like a Roadmaster Bent tank style Roadmaster style chainring My guess Upper 30s.

Back