When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got me a new project. :)

-

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
well some of you have seen this earlier in time as well as some interesting history. all rare parts are there except the stand. i just could not pass it up. i love this bike and happy to get it. interesting thing is there is no numbers on it. whats up with that anybody? it appears to be red instead of blue but i will probably do it in blue. i will have to restore it since its house paint on the out side. the bike is in great condition with no rust out. i save every dime for this one and resisted temptation on other purchases. :). anybody know how many known examples left?

Congrats!

It's a great feeling to own such an iconic bicycle and the body buzz you get by gazing at this fine machine probably will never wear off.
Outstanding bicycle you have there.
I would like to know myself how many are bluebirds are left in collections...or estimated builds as they couldn't have been mass produced with the labor involved and judging from availability.
Chris

thanks, the bluebird is a truly amazing bicycle. i really love it. i agree they must have lost money on these. and the cost was 60.00. cant be very many out there. looks like i need the speedo drive gear for the rim.

Congratulations Mark! I know you let go of a lot to make this happen, I was glad to help out. Great bike, don't forget, you promised to let me ride it!

I see your fender ornament is missing too, hopefully you just removed it for cleanup! She looks beautiful,RedLine....

Registry?

One of my favorite all time bikes--hopefully I'll own one by the end of next year! I'm also a car guy and for special interest cars there are registrys. Maybe Scott would entertain setting some of these up for some of the more desirable bikes such as the Bluebird, Evinrude, Super Streamliners, etc... Basically it would just need to be a spread sheet with some basic info such as year, color(s), serial #, original/restored, and maybe a "notes" column where the owner could post their name or additional info about the bike such as any rare options or accessories, etc... Just a thought. v/r Shawn

thanks bud... maybe a touch or two...lol. i did sell some of my precious parts and it really hurts to do it but the pain is gone now. yes no emblem, gone along time ago :( but ill get one soon. so now its 3 parts i need.. still i love it no matter what.. I like a registar for them it adds to the interest and history of these great bikes. i might not restore it.

Last edited:
Registry

I think some type of registry is a great idea, for about a dozen different rare bikes.
So how to make it as anonymous as an individual wants it to be, yet maintain the ability to PM, email, or otherwise contact the owners for the benefits of knowledge sharing.

Back