When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got me a new project. :)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
thanks aaron, i wish i had a picture of the color so i could get a match for it. sounds like close to torqoise to me. mabey down the line get one of those glass lenses of yours.

you found a elgin bluebird!?!?!?

Holey crap you found the one bike I've been searching 14 years for! My uncle had one, he bought it brand new in 1935 when he was 13 but one day when he was fishing on a brige a drunk guy swerved,almost hit him but hit the bike (only alittle over 3 months old) and over the rail and into the river. Never seen the driver or the bike again and ever since he told me that story I've wanted to find one and bring it to him after it gets restored but sadly altzhimers strikes the jems among us, without mercy so I don't think uncle trigvy will se a nother bluebird but still ride the h**** out of it, I now uncle trig did in the short time he had his. He said he went through2 diffrent sets of tires in the time he had it. Nice find

Mark, do you know of Dick McClurg in NY ?? He has ALL the color codes for Elgins, especially the BBs. He is a pretty fabulous painter/restorer who owns a body shop and does high-end classic car restos. I believe his color codes are Dupont.

thanks, no i dont know him, but that color code would help. i love dupont its a great paint. it might be a costom mix. i have a cataloge with the color on it but it looks like turquiose to me. i won't do anthing for a while but never hurts to start looking.

Last edited:
That would be Dick McClure. His work number where he seems to be 7 days a week is: 585-343-5500 N.Y.

Back