When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got me a new project. :)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
One of my favorite all time bikes--hopefully I'll own one by the end of next year! I'm also a car guy and for special interest cars there are registrys. Maybe Scott would entertain setting some of these up for some of the more desirable bikes such as the Bluebird, Evinrude, Super Streamliners, etc... Basically it would just need to be a spread sheet with some basic info such as year, color(s), serial #, original/restored, and maybe a "notes" column where the owner could post their name or additional info about the bike such as any rare options or accessories, etc... Just a thought. v/r Shawn

That's more than a great idea!
The question becomes which ones are rare enough for this initiative?
I have often wondered which bikes are truly the rarest and a registry would help establish this versus speculation.

Well, first let me start by saying that I'm not a webmaster but my thought goes something like this: Forum-Registry-make/model spreadsheet. I think the critical data element is serial # which would prevent double postings if a bike changed hands. I'm just not sure how much flexibility the site has built into it to allow for the inclusion of a spreadsheet type feature. Regarding which bikes registrys (spreadsheets) would be created for maybe we, as a community do a poll of what we think the top 10? 20? are and go from there. I like Phantoms but a registry for these would be crazy in my opinion so I think some common sense would have to be applied to keep it from getting out of hand. Jus my 2c. v/r Shawn

great ideas. i love to know howmany there are. if the original color or restored and options with variations in design would interesting to include. this would help in theft protection also. i think prewar bikes and some post wars bike considered rare to be included.

got me a new project. :)

I want 1!! Great find. That's on my i need list. THe registry is a great idea. Please include 1938 Shelby Airflow on that list and Hiawatha arrows also. Mark me down for 2 airflows and 1 arrow. LOL!!!

Pockets stuffed full of cash usually helps quite a bit! Seriously though if you're in the market for the better stuff you just need to beat the bushes a little more. There are a lot of things for sale that aren't advertised because people don't want to deal with a lot of BS whereas if you are seeking an item out you are usually a serious buyer. Just my experience. v/r Shawn
Just curious, Just how does someone come across a bike such as this?

Pockets stuffed full of cash usually helps quite a bit! Seriously though if you're in the market for the better stuff you just need to beat the bushes a little more. There are a lot of things for sale that aren't advertised because people don't want to deal with a lot of BS whereas if you are seeking an item out you are usually a serious buyer. Just my experience. v/r Shawn
What can one expect to pay for a Blue Bird? I know condition is everything.........but say a 5 on the scale, 10 being show.

Earlier this year on Ebay a POS frame went for $1000. Ive seen what I would call condition 4/5 bikes get between $4-5k and nice restored will set you back somewhere around 8-10K. Nice original--how original? $$$ Keep in mind these are ballpark figs and a lot of circumstances can influence actual sales prices. v/r Shawn

Earlier this year on Ebay a POS frame went for $1000. Ive seen what I would call condition 4/5 bikes get between $4-5k and nice restored will set you back somewhere around 8-10K. Nice original--how original? $$$ Keep in mind these are ballpark figs and a lot of circumstances can influence actual sales prices. v/r Shawn

Yeowch! I guess this is the reality of any rare collectible today. You want it......you have to pay for it. Too rich for my blood and budget. I'll stick to the less rare ones I guess........

Back