When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Scammed on Single tubes still need one good tire

-

colonelpowers

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello,

I am still needing a single usable 28 inch single tube tire. I bought a set a recently from a CABE member who turned to be a scammer and took me for 118 dollars and then almost convinced me to send him another 118 dollars before I realized what was going on. Thankfully he is now suspended from the site. I have dealt with many of you since I joined and you have always been a blessing. Your knowledge and eagerness to help has been greatly appreciated. I guess there is a bad apple in every basket though. If anyone has a single black tire that is rideable then I will have everything that I need to get the old W.T. Bradway on the road.

Thanks and God Bless,

Col. Joshua A Powers

Update: The scammer actually wrote back and admitted to taking my money and to trying to get more out of me. He apologized and though he didn't offer to return it explained the he was broke and needed the money. I guess that is something. I told him that I forgave him and that I hoped that the money went to good use. What more could I do? What would you all have done?

Update: The scammer actually wrote back and admitted to taking my money and to trying to get more out of me. He apologized and though he didn't offer to return it explained the he was broke and needed the money. I guess that is something. I told him that I forgave him and that I hoped that the money went to good use. What more could I do? What would you all have done?
What a POS! Hopefully he’s banned from this site forever. V/r Shawn

You are a bigger man than most if you can truly forgive. I would have sent some serious shame his way to prevent the next guy being ripped off

Give him up Col !
9D0A50AE-6652-40E7-BE44-F0FF01CE33DD.jpeg
🫡

I have given out his user name to anyone who asked and am glad to post it but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to. The CABE has suspended him but his user name is mattjeff28 and his PayPal account says that his name is Jose Castillo. His email is [email protected]. I hope that this will help anyone else from being cheated. I suspect that he must have gotten someone else because when I first started to think that something wasn't quite right and went on here to look at his profile I saw that he had been suspended by that point. I wrote to I guess the forum director and informed them of my concerns as well and asked for information about why he had been suspended but I never received a reply.

Back