When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gramp’s 1941 New World - Trying to get it running as a rat rod bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got a New World saddle from @whizzer1 yesterday and cleaned it up today. Turned out perfect for my rat.

Before:
Messinger New World English 5.jpg
Messinger New World English 4.jpg

After:
IMG_0368.jpg
IMG_0375.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0387.JPG

1597529845255.png

Test ride in the hood.
1597529105275.png

It's not nearly as plush as the Troxel long spring I had on it before, but it looks like an original New World.
1597529480608.png
1940_schwinn_w3mfc New World Mens Sport Tourist.jpg

Gonna put some miles on it and see how it feels...

I just got a 1941 New World! Your build log is very inspirational and your detailed descriptions with photos are almost a manual for me to take mine from Rags to Riches. One good thing is I don't have any paint to strip off and it looks like all the original parts are there, right down to the Mesinger saddle you added at the end. The serial number info was very helpful. I thought mine was a 39 or 40 but with a serial # of H07717 mine is definitely a 1941. I did luck into a pair of NOS Uniroyal Tourist 26 x 1.375 tires. I've rebuilt a bunch of ND mod D hubs which are to me he gold standard in coaster hubs for ease of service and dependability. I'll flip the bars in their correct orientation. Not sure if they were original but they sure look cool flipped. Happy riding!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail.jpg