When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gramp’s 1941 New World - Trying to get it running as a rat rod bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@MarkKBike Thanks Mark! I certainly have a new appreciation for the potential in these old bikes. I have a different eye looking out for this kind of stuff now. o_O

Superb job on the resurrection, great thread and your abilities are exemplary! And I really enjoyed following your rebuild.
1549226620894.png

Great job and ongoing story. What a fun trip through the process.

You pegged that strut problem. My teens Pierce has the same break in the back fender strut. I trapped the two piece with a wide washer layered with a leather one and it works ok but not as elegant as your solution. Hats off to you!

Reactions: Miq
The steer tube can be straighten, I've done so. A shop press and wood blocks would work best. But I've also used a vies and sleg hammer. Also a 1 inch I.D. brass nipple split with a hack saw also makes a good block for the vice

Reactions: Miq
Forgot to say. 41s new worlds were not fillet brazed as other schwinns, they were steel welded and body lead was used to give them the Schwinn look. If you turn the frame over you will see the weld as they didn't bother to body lead the welds at the bottom of the BB.

Back