When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grandparents' prewar pre-WWII Columbia bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Victor Nazarian

On Training Wheels
Hello folks,

New to this and trying to deal with my grandparents' bikes that I'm pretty sure are from some time between 1929 and 1942. They've been in their basement for decades on the original tires and right now I have them hanging upside down from the ceiling of my front porch. I have some closeup photos of the decals on the central post below the seat.

IMG_9016.jpg

IMG_9017.jpg

Looks like a surprising amount of the original finish has survived. Interesting bikes!

Thanks,
I know my grandmother and grandfather were both happy to use them when they were dating back in '41. I believe my great grandfather purchased my grandmother's for her as a 16th or 17th birthday present which should make the girls bike '37 or '38 but it might have been used. I might also have the birthday wrong. My grandfather apparently purchased his just so he could ride with my grandmother when they started dating but once again it may have been used. They both worked in Trenton or the Luscome Airplane company.

Back