When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grants Sportsman III Vintage bicycle.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chapa4re

On Training Wheels
Can anyone give me more info on this bicycle? I want to sell it. This is what I know so far. Very rare Vintage 3 speed bicycle. Manufactured by Huffy (I think) for TW Grants Stores in the 50s and 60s. Rims are rare Araya 26x1.375 36H with Exel Mark 80 hubs and Shimano 3 speed gear system. Bearings work great, rims are straight and gears work. I have not found another Grants bicycle but this one compares to the Huffy Sportsman III. Any one seen this brand and model?

Why can't I find others? Is it rare? Is it worth more?

I'm not sure if the Grants bikes were equipped any different than the house brand but these are out there.

By the time this was built, 3 speeds were entry-level bikes, 10 speeds were what got everybody excited. Still, it looks like it's in good shape and should make a good rider.

Not a highly sought after bike. I know that I got mine for cheap, enjoyed rehabbing it and riding it for a little while, and then I sold it cheap. Probably sold for around what I paid for it, $25. Mine was a slightly different color green and didn't have the III designation. It also had a different chainwheel, maybe earlier? The thing I liked was that mine was in great shape and it wasn't one you see often.

Last edited:
Not a highly sought after bike. I know that I got mine for cheap, enjoyed rehabbing it and riding it for a little while, and then I sold it cheap. Probably sold for around what I paid for it, $25. Mine was a slightly different color green and didn't have the III designation. It also had a different chainwheel, maybe earlier? The thing I liked was that mine was in great shape and it wasn't one you see often.
View attachment 1260054

View attachment 1260055

View attachment 1260056
Oh wow. They're almost exactly the same. Yours is in much better shape. Thank you. This really helps.

I don't have a good picture of the headbadge but I think it was a sticker. You can see half of the word Grants on the first image. The mid-rise bars made the shorter frame a better fit for me.

Back