When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great parade idea for the future.

-

gkeep

I live for the CABE
Someone posted this photo on a UK Vintage Bike facebook group. Really interesting history and way of introducing pilots to the concept of formation flying. I love that there is a group of re-enactors complete with fake mustaches and pilot nicknames carrying on the tradition. Where do we sign up?!

Make mine a Hawker Hurricane!

If push came to shove, I’d take North American Aviation’s P-51 Mustang with the Rolls-Royce Merlin and extra fuel in the drop tanks.

I'm still Partial to the P-38 Lighting as my dad made them ( worked for Lockheed 42 yrs. ) mentioned that to @Joe Buffardi ( sure spin ) and he made those P-38's, # 1 is on my Colson Flying Ace & #2 is on the WF tall tank.
If we’re going on degrees of separation, I’ll have to take Boeing’s B-29. My dad was declared 4F so he moved with my mom to Wichita, KS and went to work for Boeing building B-29s. When the war was over, they moved back home.

My dad worked for Lockheed in So Cal starting in the summer of 41 until he enlisted in the air corp in April. While he bounced around air bases from Texas to Florida my mom worked machining parts for Douglas in El Segundo for SBD Dive Bombers. Some pretty amazing things our parents and grandparents did...

Back