When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great parade idea for the future.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Actually my dad started at Lockheed in 38 or 9 and tried to join the the air force in 41 but 4F (wore glasses ) so stayed at Lockheed till early 80's, I think of all the desk models he brought home for me that I shot/blew-up/melted but were alot of great employee open houses in Burbank & Palmdale ( Skunkworks ) saw the L1011, SST, Blackbird and many others, still go alot of cool posters somewhere and this one L1011 from my dads desk a little worse for ware missing a engine and some wheels from being tied to a string and swung around. weird that I grew up with a dad working for Lockheed but spent my life sneaking around Rockwell/North American/NASA/Boeing, even watched from roofs of different apartment buildings as they dropped Apollo capsules off a tower along with alot of weird tests and explosions. One neat thing was going the the North American/NASA surplus store ( on the corner of the property ) on Saturday ( only day they were open ) with my dad and later building cars, I built race cars with NASA parts!😎, funny, just picked up this NASA jacket to resell today.

Last edited:
To keep the nostalgia and the dad theme going, my dad worked at Allison in Indianapolis running V-12 engines on test stands. Those engines ended up in P-38's, P-39's, and P-40's. The set up for P-39's was trickier because the engine was mounted in the center of the aircraft, which required a long drive shaft. This arrangement was prone to vibration.

I must have missed when Colnago brought that one out!

My paternal grandfather worked on repairing damaged aircraft at the Cowley (Oxford) car plant (now home of the modern 'Mini') during WW2, including Spitfires and Hurricanes.
I grew up playing football (soccer) on the 'Airfield rec' (recreation ground) near the factory, where the rebuilt aircraft took off to fly back to their squadrons.

If we’re going on degrees of separation, I’ll have to take Boeing’s B-29. My dad was declared 4F so he moved with my mom to Wichita, KS and went to work for Boeing building B-29s. When the war was over, they moved back home.
I guess I’m That Dad! I worked at Hamilton Standard for 40 years and have been around all kinds of coolness!

Back