When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Hunt Wilde handlebar tape

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wingslover

Look Ma, No Hands!
Aloha!

I'm refurbishing two lime green lightweights ('79 and '74) and have noticed that the handlebar tape I'm removing appears to be lighter and/or have more yellow than what I'm putting on: NOS Hunt-Wilde translucent green tape. Just wondering if they made a lighter version that I don't know about or does forty odd years take some of the blue out of the plastic?

ps: this does not concern the opaque green flavor of the aforementioned brand.

I've had and have several rolls of the Hunt Wilde Lime bar tape. There is at least two shades of the Lime. The first was to match the Flamboyant Lime (1963) a lighter shade than the later mid 70's Lime. Here's my 64 Flamboyant Lime with the later somewhat darker Lime bar tape.

1964 Varsity Completed 004 (Large).jpg

Thanks! So based on that can I expect the darker of these two to lose some blue over time and become like the lighter of the two?
20180714_102902.jpg

Here's each separately; the newer nos appears to be darker, but are the same color when held up to the light...

20180714_102939.jpg

20180714_102952.jpg

Looks like that darker green is Campus Green or another green made for a different make, but it's not Lime.

I see only one roll of lime bar tape on ebay right now. Hunt Wilde made the tape for Schwinn and the Hunt Wilde branded bag Greens can vary in color since they made other colors that Schwinn did not use. If it's in a Schwinn branded bag then you're more than likely to get the correct color. Only green that's translucent for Schwinn was the Lime and the Campus.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sc...handlebar+tape&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Yeah: luckily i'm not in a rush anymore. I just forced myself to switch to a different project: we're on the wrong side of summer.

Thanks for this: I'll probably pick it back up in the winter.

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if any of you still have the flamboyant lime green handlebar tape.

A buddy of mine gave me a 65 Schwinn Varsity frame and fork with the flamboyant lime green color. I'm building it up with the parts from my 81 Schwinn Deluxe Varsity.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Back