When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Phantom Refresh

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
My 'Schwinn phantoms: '52, '53, '54 and '55, fender braces are rivet-mounted.
This is the first I've seen nut & screw fender mounts like what you have on a phantom that looks original.
I have a '95 Schwinn phantom limited edition with similar nut & screw fender brace mounts. I always thought nut & screws mounts was a
recent concept. Very interesting.
I like the green color on your Schwinn.

Last edited:
I've seen them on numerous Phantoms over the years.... I'd say they were on these
bikes since day one

Really? I mean really, a Wald reflector on Schwinn's flagship model? Come on, probably a dealers off the self replacement for that big honking 3" piece that got smash or torn off since it was so dang BIG sticking way out from the fender on the sides. ;)

I’ve had a few with this Wald reflector and the one thing the bikes had in common is that they were the early models without a decal on the guard.

1480A65D-DBF1-444F-9582-FA41206C964A.jpeg

A94B8383-07F3-4A70-8C1A-E6AF3BF52F35.jpeg

2FF9FC0E-FAF8-4FDA-85D3-ABC0F8C3A2CD.jpeg

I'd say that is more than just coincidence. Thanks for posting. V/r Shawn

So, looks like we're all in agreement on our history revision. Namely:
- All early model Phantoms were produced without chainguard decals
- All early models utlized a Wald reflector that was mounted via 2 different diameter fender holes.

Furthermore, really early models can be distinguished from early models as noted below:
- Really early models:
- utilized hardware store round head machine screws and nuts to attach fender braces
- head of both upper and lower relector mounting screws were visible on outside of fender
- Early models:
- utilized rivets to attach fender braces
- head of upper relector mounting screws was visible on outside of fender, and nut and washer were visible on outside of fender for lower reflector mounting screw

(Hey, just havin' a little fun)

Last edited:
So, looks like we're all in agreement on our history revision. Namely:
- All early model Phantoms were produced without chainguard decals
- All early models utlized a Wald reflector that was mounted via 2 different diameter fender holes.

Furthermore, really early models can be distinguished from early models as noted below:
- Really early models:
- utilized hardware store round head machine screws and nuts to attach fender braces
- head of both upper and lower relector mounting screws were visible on outside of fender
- Early models:
- utilized rivets to attach fender braces
- head of upper relector mounting screws was visible on outside of fender, and nut and washer were visible on outside of fender for lower reflector mounting screw

(Hey, just havin' a little fun)

Laughing.jpg

The screws and nuts on the braces are not factory. Both front and rear rivets were replaced at some point. I’m away on business this week but when I get home I’ll pull the rear reflector and see what it looks like. V/r Shawn

Back