When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Roadmaster

-

Night cruiser

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was wondering if anybody out there has a green prewar Roadmaster. I’m thinking of buying from my buddy . If I do pick it up I’ll need some parts . To make correct . What I do know is it has original fenders, wheels . Frame fork & reflector head badge . Not sure about bars . How rare are the green Roadmasters ? Let’s see pics if any one has one . Thx for reading
Night cruiser,
3DDD41F1-FED6-4339-9BD0-51530414C576.jpeg

Looks like a good one. Certainly pre-war with the drop stand tabs and drop stand. I'm noticing it has a reflector badge in the front. Also appears to have fork with sculpted narrow crown. Maybe a '41 model do you have the serial no?

@CWCMAN
@szathmarig

first off i like this narrow tank model alot ! sorry but it should have no chrome on sheet metal ! missing tank ,carrier, light , pedals?

So I ended up purchasing the bike . I wasn’t sure if the bars where correct . There the half moon style . Then I found this picture- with some similar bars . Also same sprocket (non skip tooth ) & reflector headbadge . my bike is a 1940 just like the bike pictured. What you CWC experts think ? Bars correct or not
129A78AE-2C1D-4B97-9650-3078C12AD6DC.png

2AC6A0B2-E658-40B6-B9A4-7D0BB5EFC52B.png

Comparing your bike to the pictures of other bikes, i see that the rear fender should have the curved brace on the bottom and there is no other brace for the rear wheel. Apparently no need for a center brace as long as the rack was in position. That one straight brace breaks up the flow ofvthe three other curved ones. Probably added when the chrome fenders replaced the original painted ones.

Comparing your bike to the pictures of other bikes, i see that the rear fender should have the curved brace on the bottom and there is no other brace for the rear wheel. Apparently no need for a center brace as long as the rack was in position. That one straight brace breaks up the flow ofvthe three other curved ones. Probably added when the chrome fenders replaced the original painted ones.

99c568c695746ecb93f5ae81d206f143.jpg
052fb65acfbb47245fcd0c373ee50f01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got it. Thanks for the pictures. Are you going to look for a drop stand and a curved lower fender brace? I'd keep the kick stand. I've got a 35 Elgin with a drop stand. More than once, its just fallen over with the slightest gust of wind or by accidently rubbing against it. Once put a dent in the car door with the handle bar grip when the wind picked up.

Back