When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Roadmaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Got it. Thanks for the pictures. Are you going to look for a drop stand and a curved lower fender brace? I'd keep the kick stand. I've got a 35 Elgin with a drop stand. More than once, its just fallen over with the slightest gust of wind or by accidently rubbing against it. Once put a dent in the car door with the handle bar grip when the wind picked up.

It has one already just . Just need to put back on .

Comparing your bike to the pictures of other bikes, i see that the rear fender should have the curved brace on the bottom and there is no other brace for the rear wheel. Apparently no need for a center brace as long as the rack was in position. That one straight brace breaks up the flow ofvthe three other curved ones. Probably added when the chrome fenders replaced the original painted ones.

I believe this chrome fenders are original to bike . It there any other prewar roadmasters with chrome fenders . This is the second prewar Roadmaster I’ve owned with chrome fenders . Any more prewar’s Roadmaster’s with chrome fenders out there? My other one also had the same speedchain sprocket & reflector head badge .
F9F79CC4-4AEF-4276-AD49-8DB9F2E95811.png

D76084DB-D0D0-4CE4-BF36-84AA58ABD303.jpeg

I believe this chrome fenders are original to bike . It there any other prewar roadmasters with chrome fenders . This is the second prewar Roadmaster I’ve owned with chrome fenders . Any more prewar’s Roadmaster’s with chrome fenders out there? My other one also had the same speedchain sprocket & reflector head badge .
View attachment 1008326

View attachment 1008327

Here’s one Western Flyer
670999aa4fd2924924bfb12941dba161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just came across this thread and find this bike quite interesting .
Oddly enough, chrome fenders were available on lower price line bikes.
Also of note, the curved downtube was a new for 1940 model feature, but the 1/2" pitch sprocket was for 1941. It appears as though it was common for CWC to dress up old frames still in stock to package with larger orders. I'm curious what the serial number is , I am guessing high Gs or H ? These are just my observations as I try to learn

Back