When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green spitfire

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Junkman Bob

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just picked this pretty good OG condition spitfire
Wondering about that stem tho ... just dont look right to me .

Any body have a picture of correct one that should be on this beauty?
Pretty decent S2s .
Badged as a spitfire
Thanks in advance for any info

5096BB89-A929-4197-9335-B348724402D5.png

D301364A-FD6A-454E-A923-D7395DBC1F5D.png

65A4EBB7-F0DB-42A5-8FC9-2D83F64D94EA.png

4369B2FF-AF1C-44E4-B884-02D34E6AA4BE.jpeg

Hi Bob-
Don't have this bike anymore and really can't remember specifically the stem. But my picture seems to show a similar profile as yours.
Thanks to chucksoldbikes for use of his photo.

I believe Schwinn started using that rolled stem as early as 1952, probably the late year production. In 1953 Schwinn started installing a bolt on stand and the rolled stem on the Spitfires. Is the serial number on that one an early 53 number or late 1952 number? Also in 53 the guards were changed at some point having a flat section for the name decal

I believe Schwinn started using that rolled stem as early as 1952, probably the late year production. In 1953 Schwinn started installing a bolt on stand and the rolled stem on the Spitfires. Is the serial number on that one an early 53 number or late 1952 number? Also in 53 the guards were changed at some point having a flat section for the name decal
Those later guards were used on the Tornado too.

Back