When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grey Ghost, real or Not?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Did you straighten out the little tabs to get the pedal apart? How easy was that and do they ever go back to as tight as they were? Killer bike, I love the coaster. you do not see that bike often if ever.
I had to take them apart, I had no choice... they were bone dry, no grease in them what so ever.
It was super easy, I used these type of pliers, just make sure you do not over bend the tabs when putting back together. They are as strong and as solid as before taking apart.

20220322_180543.jpg

Last edited:
Did you straighten out the little tabs to get the pedal apart? How easy was that and do they ever go back to as tight as they were? Killer bike, I love the coaster. you do not see that bike often if ever.
Those pedals are 1972 model yr. Did you find any other parts stamped 72 as well like crank or bars / gooseneck / front tire maybe. Does the seat have the reflector tab still? I've had and seen a few of these over the last 28+ yrs and all always had the small reflector pedals. Of course early ones had the clear reflectors and mid/later ones had the yellow reflectors but all had the same smaller reflectors. Yours is a Nov bike seems a little early for those 1972 pedals to show up. No doubt the bike is a original 71 ghost. I just wonder if the pedals got changed out over the yrs. Hey Schwinn did things there way , so ya never know it may very well came that way. Not knocking it ITS a great find either way. and value. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if it fetched $1500.
AND GUYS THIS IS A BIKE THAT SHOULD NEVER BE PARTED OUT!!!!! not like some others on here...

Last edited:
Two bicycle collectors talking to each other about the poor condition of a certain Schwinn bicycle....

Collector 1 ="Sheesh, that things a real crate !"

Collector 2 ="No, it's a Stingray, look .... no drum brake on the front !"

Final assembly... got an early start this morning.

This project turned out to be more men hours than I anticipated, too much chrome to deal with, me personally, don't gravitate towards bicycles with this much chrome. Hope to finish today or tomorrow 😝👍

20220403_123508.jpg

Back