When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grip questions?

-
I just scored a set of brown sparkle cushion grips and a set of chubby green.
That sounds like the only bike that I know they're original on. I think the gold pin stripes were in the 70s though, right? I think I know where a pair of his and hers bone stock black Suburbans are if the guy still has them.
So can I assume that the black sparkle grips were not original to the '67 Panther and '68 Typhoon? The more I learn the more I see anything is possible when ti comes to old Schwinn bikes.It appears as though the motto was " Get then out the door any way you can, get them too the dealers, let the fools try to figure it out 60 years later "haha

I think that's safe to assume, but I certainly wouldn't complain about buying a bike with them on it. My 66 Typhoon had solid back chubbies, can't say I've owned any 60s Panthers, but don't remember seeing any different grips on them.
I just scored a set of brown sparkle cushion grips and a set of chubby green.

So can I assume that the black sparkle grips were not original to the '67 Panther and '68 Typhoon? The more I learn the more I see anything is possible when ti comes to old Schwinn bikes.It appears as though the motto was " Get then out the door any way you can, get them too the dealers, let the fools try to figure it out 60 years later "haha

I think that's safe to assume, but I certainly wouldn't complain about buying a bike with them on it. My 66 Typhoon had solid back chubbies, can't say I've owned any 60s Panthers, but don't remember seeing any different grips on them.
Yes I was quite happy with the slim lines and was psyched when I found the chubby set. The Panther had a few dealer add on's. The gold seemed odd as nothing else on either bike was. I have lots of sets of black for sure.

Yes I was quite happy with the slim lines and was psyched when I found the chubby set. The Panther had a few dealer add on's. The gold seemed odd as nothing else on either bike was. I have lots of sets of black for sure.
They are a rare find... Here's a photo, a pair of Chubby Black glitter grips and the ever so hard to find Black glitter brake lever covers with matching streamers.

IMG_0048.JPG

Back