When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grips for 1917 Columbia Military Model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mercian

I live for the CABE
Hi All,

Having possibly obtained the stem and bars for this bike (kind CABE members are currently posting them to France, since the Ebay vendors would not do so directly), I find myself in need of the grips to go with them.

I can only find one photo example of what I'm after, and have been unable to find them on Ebay or bike sites, even though they appear relatively unsophisticated.

As ever, photo credits and thanks to OldBike.eu, without whse site I would not be attempting this.

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/world-war-one/1918-ww1-columbia-military-model-u-s-army-issue-usa748/

Detail of grip from different angles:

Grip 01 A.jpg

Grip 02 A.jpg

Grip 03 A.jpg

The grip is black 'Hard Rubber', ringed. It would fit a standard 7/8" bar. It actually looks more lile a wheelbarrow grip now I look at it. If anyone has a pair, or something similar you'd be willing to sell, please let me know.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Fordmike65,

thanks for the rapid reply, I think that you are right.

On the webpage it states that they are from 1915 onwards, so are just the right date. I suspect the ringed design is made to look like the earlier wrapped leather grips.

I will contact them tomorrow (it's near midnight here), and see if they will send me a set.

http://www.bicyclepedalrubbers.com/grips-1/

Again, thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back