Guess how this happened

This ad disappears when logged in

buickmike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 26, 2014
Indianapolis, United States
It's. Late so ill hypothesize - a failure of the axle leading to shearing of flange. At some point a spoke got caught in between and rim was pulled into vortex. Paint residue was to protect bare metal Until somebody would later come along probably 30 years later.....

1966fastbacks

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 17, 2015
TUCSON AZ
Looks like one that just sold on eBay ?
Correct. Every so often i feel sorry for a bike and buy it just to help it out. It's missing the seat and someone sprayed the chrome with silver paint to hide the rust. I didn't even need this bike for my collection but just had to have it. It flipped out of the guys truck on the way to drop it off at Fedx. First time i have had one damaged before it was shipped. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
The guy was great. He gave me a refund and we worked out a deal. Got for about what the chain guard is worth.
thumbnail_DSC02047.jpg

rusty.kirkpatrick

I live for the CABE
Jun 26, 2014
church point, la.
Correct. Every so often i feel sorry for a bike and buy it just to help it out. It's missing the seat and someone sprayed the chrome with silver paint to hide the rust. I didn't even need this bike for my collection but just had to have it. It flipped out of the guys truck on the way to drop it off at Fedx. First time i have had one damaged before it was shipped. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
The guy was great. He gave me a refund and we worked out a deal. Got for about what the chain guard is worth. View attachment 655413
I was the closest, glad it works out for you dude.

GTs58

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Wow! After it flipped out of the truck it must have been hit by a concrete truck to get smashed up like that. That wheel would make a nice wall hanger for the living room. :p

1966fastbacks

May 17, 2015
TUCSON AZ
glad you got a good deal on it ,I was watching it on ebay and thought about it myself since I sold my orange one last year
Like i said i already have one just like it. It was just driving me nuts with all that spray paint on it. I have the correct seat and sissy bar for it. I also have a whole room full of 60's wheels but no 70's.
Back to Ebay for a rear wheel unless a CABE'r has one. I can't win lately. Also have enough projects to get me through the summer. In AZ it's the opposite from most of you guys. It's too hot in the summer months so you stay in and work on bikes.

GTs58

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Like i said i already have one just like it. It was just driving me nuts with all that spray paint on it. I have the correct seat and sissy bar for it. I also have a whole room full of 60's wheels but no 70's.
Back to Ebay for a rear wheel unless a CABE'r has one. I can't win lately. Also have enough projects to get me through the summer. In AZ it's the opposite from most of you guys. It's too hot in the summer months so you stay in and work on bikes.
I used to be able to work on bikes inside the house too. Those days are gone so now I have to wait until fall winter and spring for garage or outside work. ;)

1966fastbacks

May 17, 2015
TUCSON AZ
Married? I'm not and restored or refurbished all my bikes under the AC while watching tv. Just have had to get used to the kitchen counter always looking like the back of an old bicycle shop.
I hear ya, No doing the outside work until about November.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$40.00
eBay Auction Picture
$29.99
eBay Auction Picture
$12.00
eBay Auction Picture
$10.00
eBay Auction Picture
$9.95
eBay Auction Picture