When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess how this happened

-

1966fastbacks

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can you guess how and when this little boo boo happened?
thumbnail_DSC02043.jpg
thumbnail_DSC02048.jpg

It's. Late so ill hypothesize - a failure of the axle leading to shearing of flange. At some point a spoke got caught in between and rim was pulled into vortex. Paint residue was to protect bare metal Until somebody would later come along probably 30 years later.....

Looks like one that just sold on eBay ?
Correct. Every so often i feel sorry for a bike and buy it just to help it out. It's missing the seat and someone sprayed the chrome with silver paint to hide the rust. I didn't even need this bike for my collection but just had to have it. It flipped out of the guys truck on the way to drop it off at Fedx. First time i have had one damaged before it was shipped. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
The guy was great. He gave me a refund and we worked out a deal. Got for about what the chain guard is worth.
thumbnail_DSC02047.jpg

Correct. Every so often i feel sorry for a bike and buy it just to help it out. It's missing the seat and someone sprayed the chrome with silver paint to hide the rust. I didn't even need this bike for my collection but just had to have it. It flipped out of the guys truck on the way to drop it off at Fedx. First time i have had one damaged before it was shipped. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
The guy was great. He gave me a refund and we worked out a deal. Got for about what the chain guard is worth.View attachment 655413
I was the closest, glad it works out for you dude.

Back