When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess I was too aggressive...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Just Jeff

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I was cleaning my ShelBMX today after a few weeks of hard trail riding. You know, thrashing it like it was stolen on the mountain bike trails near Whittier. The last few miles of riding I was hearing a creaking noise I could not pin down. Well, after cleaning the mud and grime off, I found out where it was coming from.
I’ll just let the pictures speak for themselves

That’s what I get for Klunking a Shelby! Lol

In all seriousness though, I have a feeling the crack was already there. I’ll never know because the frame was powder coated white before I became the owner. Good thing I didn’t keep the engine on it after all.
I’ll get it welded up and be back in action after the weekend! Just a little more work to be done I guess. I’ll eventually sort out all the weak spots this way ;)

Bad old brittle brass repair. Welding is going to be an issue with all that brass on it. Find someone who knows what they are doing or it is going to crack again

I’ve cleaned the old brazing out of the area to be welded. Easy enough to repair now. I’ve done this now a few times on old frames, so this one will actually be a simple fix. I’m confident that this repair will hold up. I’ll update the post after the repair is done

Back