When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess the bike(s)!

-

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
so i pick this bike up 6 months ago. Some gentleman desided to weld 2 bikes together and left the bike sit uncompleted. The baton was passed to me and now im finally tackling it. Im currently in the process of fabricating a double sproket and crank.i typically only deal with schwinn bikes so my knowledge is this is minimal.

Here's the real question. What 2 bikes did this guy mash together?

20200418_125417.jpg

That doesn't look safe-I'm not sure I'd even go any further with that one. Sorry I can't even hazard a guess the origins of that creation. Good luck with it if you decide to go for it. V/r Shawn

That doesn't look safe-I'm not sure I'd even go any further with that one. Sorry I can't even hazard a guess the origins of that creation. Good luck with it if you decide to go for it. V/r Shawn

Suprisingly its a sturdy bike and whoever welded it with a little buzz box got it very straight. im probably going to add a bottom support just to be safe. The rims on the otherhand i do need to take a look at. Thank you for your imput though

That's pretty neat! Can't beat a home brew bike. I think the front and back sections are an Iverson Road Runner, and it sort of looks like the middle section is hand made?

I don't think the back section is a Murray Wildcat, the dropouts aren't pointed like a Murray frame.

I agree with Rfeagleye. It is a Iverson frame stretched with tubing. Have some fun with it. The hard part is done.

I agree with Rfeagleye. It is a Iverson frame stretched with tubing. Have some fun with it. The hard part is done.

I got the bike all together and "working" today. but i disagree getting it to this point was the hard part lol. I had to fabicate and modify what was there/ not there. But it was definitely fun and theres alot to do.

20200420_165539.jpg

In case anyones curious how this turned out. Im just about finished just need to locate some parts and fix the front handlebars

614882393.jpg

20200627_145257.jpg

Great job! I have seen homemade tandems where they used a portion of a drear derailleur to tension the chain.

Back