When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess what's in this box?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ditchpig

Finally riding a big boys bike

JUST PICKED THIS UP AT MY POST OFFICE...GREAT DAY!
IMG_1940.JPG

Finally took it out for a ride. Paint shop scanned the colour and it came out with a code for 'Faitigue Green'. The last time they mixed it up it was for a 40's motorcycle. Was able to ride no hands for a couple seconds so very happy with how straight it turned out. Built it with a coaster brake because I don't have levers or calipers (big surprise)
Looks very clean this way. Found some new round head solid rivets for the hinges. Had to use a modern stem and bar because the original cockpit was too tight..... it's much more comfortable to to maneuver.
Pedals are modern quick release...didn't get the rods.

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

I think it came out great! I mean, admittedly the choice of gooseneck has me befuddled a bit.
But hey, to each his own. Ride! Ride that bike until those skinny wheels fall off !! It looks great !

I think it came out great! I mean, admittedly the choice of gooseneck has me befuddled a bit.
But hey, to each his own. Ride! Ride that bike until those skinny wheels fall off !! It looks great !
Thanks for sure! Put about 5 km on it today...kept reaching for the brake lever. Haven't ridden coaster brake for so long. Have the cute very short original stem/handlebar combo - if you've riddden one it makes the cockpit very tight. It's just right for me now. I was thinking that although it's not original, that stem echoes the double bar theme of the rest of the frame. That's another excuse.....
Thanks,
KZee

Back