When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gus Salmon decals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
Just wanted to pass out a good word for Gus Salmon’s decal work. I wanted to refresh the faded and almost invisible Spitfire script on my chain guard but I was unable to get this decal not even from Bicycle Bones. I found an old thread here on the CABE about Gus so I gave him a call. He made me a beautiful set for the chain guard with the script, large round Chicago badge and the smaller round one for the down tube that was 95% gone.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Gus Salmon? According to him all he wants to do is work with a 'very selected group of paint shops and friends'. I've been customizing bikes for three years and needed custom decals for a Le Tour I'm restoring. At first he was helpful. He answered my newbie questions. I've never painted a bike and need to learn the most professional way (my father-in-law is teaching me how to paint) to handle the decals. He gave me pricing and I sent photos and a description of what I needed. After nearly a week of no response I asked for an update, his attitude does a 180 and tells me he's not interested.

He's right, I should of done a better job of making a commitment. Maybe he thought I was a tire kicker. No, far from it. But he never followed up and only gave me attitude when I tried to clarify things.

Here's a Columbia Jet Rider that we restored two years ago. This tied for first place at a local vintage bike meet last year. Yup, we're just a couple no-name mechanics with too much time on our hands.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Gus Salmon? According to him all he wants to do is work with a 'very selected group of paint shops and friends'. I've been customizing bikes for three years and needed custom decals for a Le Tour I'm restoring. At first he was helpful. He answered my newbie questions. I've never painted a bike and need to learn the most professional way (my father-in-law is teaching me how to paint) to handle the decals. He gave me pricing and I sent photos and a description of what I needed. After nearly a week of no response I asked for an update, his attitude does a 180 and tells me he's not interested.

He's right, I should of done a better job of making a commitment. Maybe he thought I was a tire kicker. No, far from it. But he never followed up and only gave me attitude when I tried to clarify things.

Here's a Columbia Jet Rider that we restored two years ago. This tied for first place at a local vintage bike meet last year. Yup, we're just a couple no-name mechanics with too much time on our hands.

View attachment 1270652
I’ve never had anything but great dealings with Gus which goes back at least six or seven years. He has always come through for me with nothing but top shelf products. Actually I was in contact with him today about a couple projects I have going. V/r Shawn

I got to say, Gus is the man! I got a trust the truss and now a Hiawatha Arrow decal from him. Great work and price! Thanks Gus!

Reactions: Gus
I’ve never had anything but great dealings with Gus which goes back at least six or seven years. He has always come through for me with nothing but top shelf products. Actually I was in contact with him today about a couple projects I have going. V/r Shawn

Wish I could say the same. He’s the first vendor I’ve dealt with that was unprofessional. Going back to Crawfords who did the decals for the Columbia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back