When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

H-D bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I can't help get the feeling that there aren't any members of the Harley or Davidson families who are CABE members , or they would be embarrassed at these glaring shortcuts. They used "modern" chain instead of "obsolete" (skiptooth) chain. I'll bet all it would take is one phone call from someone high up in the company to a chain manufacturer , and we would have all the 1'' x 3/16'' chain we could ever dream of. I hope some of those folks hear about these posts and read them.

I can't help get the feeling that there aren't any members of the Harley or Davidson families who are CABE members , or they would be embarrassed at these glaring shortcuts. They used "modern" chain instead of "obsolete" (skiptooth) chain. I'll bet all it would take is one phone call from someone high up in the company to a chain manufacturer , and we would have all the 1'' x 3/16'' chain we could ever dream of. I hope some of those folks hear about these posts and read them.

The people at H-D and the ones who run the H-D museum, don't need or want any ones advice or opinions. They are "Experts". If you don't belive me, just ask them.

I still feel like the concept to build a bicycle was sound, just not a cheesy replica of something they already did.
I remember guys saying how they should build a Knucklehead replica for their 100th anniversary, and I would cringe at the thought.
Why do, what you've already done?
Build something groundbreaking and new, using que's, from the old styling if nostalgia is what your after, but manufacture it from the ground up.
I realize that production cost is always a factor, but in this case, their plan was to build an extremely low number of units, and charge up the wazoo for each one.
So, it seems to me, that they could have done anything the imagination conjured up.
Oh, well!
What's that old saying, about not being able to go home again?
It'll never be like it was.

It was said just a moment ago that they should have made it skip and had the chains recreated. If they had and if they made sure we knew they had skiptooth chain for sale, they would have covered all their production cost just selling us new chains!!!! With all the crazy talk about skips being made over here and over there how did they miss that. Oh yes they are not listening.

Of course looking at this repop I would be curious about the quality of any chain they had a hand in Hmmmmmm.

... The buyers for these will be those drunk, front row guys at Barrett-Jackson! V/r Shawn

I find them boring, but every once in a while I watch those auction shows and based on some of the prices supposedly paid, it seems like the whole buyer's section is drunk!

Built by the best barista bike builders in the Midwest! Free pound of coffee with every frame purchase*

*Offer does not apply to Harley Davidson limited model. Harley Davidson is a trademark of . . . .

Back