When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

H.P. Snyder truss rod fork design

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

64 Pete

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just wondering if H.P. Snyder was the only company that used this design to mount truss rods. Is it pretty certain it's a Snyder fork if made this way? Thanks. Pete
1675911876790.jpeg

There are slightly different types of those snyder mounts: from what I remember the 1935 (1936?) were just a bit smaller than the next batch.
westfield used a similar mount under the fork crown, not the same but similar, maybe shelby too?
probably others....

My 37ish Elgin has the same style truss rods but thicker rods. My '37 Snyder is the same as your example. The '39 Snyder come off the top mount horizontal and curve down.

Just wondering if H.P. Snyder was the only company that used this design to mount truss rods. Is it pretty certain it's a Snyder fork if made this way? Thanks. Pete
View attachment 1783802
No.
I have seen the under fork truss rod plate on other brands.
Westfield and Huffman come to mind.
I believe it was offered as an aftermarket item.
Also the heavy duty Westfield/Columbia delivery bikes featured a triple sandwich fork crown.

So here is the beloved Velvet de Luxe front end.
The other thing that is odd to me is that the lower plate fits a 5/16" rod and the upper would fit a 3/8".
Either could have been changed, or it took a 5/16 rod and the upper plate has bigger holes to allow a little wiggle room.
Thanks for responses.
1676135394161.jpeg

Back