When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had some fun with this 58 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I think I may have to put a 2 speed rear wheel on this one!

I grew up in the country in a bicycle bubble, so I ask stupid questions [emoji3].
What it that on front fender? Is that the rocket ray? It looks like top opens from front, for batteries...what does it do?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I grew up in the country in a bicycle bubble, so I ask stupid questions [emoji3].
What it that on front fender? Is that the rocket ray? It looks like top opens from front, for batteries...what does it do?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

The thing on the fender is a cool machine that is designed to mount on the handlebars and be actuated with a button. The twin gun barrels go "IN" and "OUT" and I bet it once made shooting noise. There are 2 D cells inside. Now it makes a lot of grinding noise while it works, so I don't turn it on much. No sure who made it or what it was called. I like the thing and have been wanting to use it on something, but I dislike handle bar mounted things. I think the stem mounted light works well with the upside down bars and thought the red matched the tank accents pretty well.

A "Rocket Ray" is a chubby fender mount light that is a great classic look.

Jim

Back