When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Half Collegiate, Half Hollywood-- Introducing the Collywood

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

soddruntlestuntle

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought this poorly repainted Hollywood a couple of months ago for dirt cheap, with the stated goal of stripping off the usable parts and selling them.

thumbnail_IMG_6163.jpg

Then I got the proverbial wild hair up my ass: I can't find any bikes locally that I like, so why not build my own? I'd been dying to find a Schwinn in my favorite color, coppertone, and I really like the early-to-mid sixties lightweights, which led me to this '64 Collegiate frame on eBay.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

A few hours of disassembly, REassembly, cleaning, greasing, and lubing later, and voila-- the Collywood.

thumbnail_IMG_6484.jpg

Took it out Saturday morning for its shakedown cruise, riding to my local bike shop for their monthly Fix Your Own Bike day, and it performed flawlessly.

thumbnail_IMG_6489.jpg

Only things left to do are install the kickstand, grind off the cable brackets (maybe), and ride the hell out of it. Now to find another frame in violet...

Last edited:
I bought this poorly repainted Hollywood a couple of months ago for dirt cheap, with the stated goal of stripping off the usable parts and selling them.

View attachment 1727657

Then I got the proverbial wild hair up my ass: I can't find any bikes locally that I like, so why not build my own? I'd been dying to find a Schwinn in my favorite color, coppertone, and I really like the early-to-mid sixties lightweights, which led me to this '64 Collegiate frame.

View attachment 1727672

A few hours of cleaning, greasing, and lubing later, and voila-- the Collywood.

View attachment 1727674

Took it out Saturday morning for its shakedown cruise, riding to my local bike shop for their monthly Fix Your Own Bike day, and it performed flawlessly.

View attachment 1727682

Only things left to do are install the kickstand, grind off the cable brackets (maybe), and ride the hell out of it. Now to find another frame in violet...
Looks great

Just guessing that the bay area person was trading old stuff. He has some great stuff sometimes, and he usually always has some decent stuff. He is a great bay area business person!

Your bike looks sharp. I do like that Jim Rockford Firebird color.

Just wondering if the Schwinn chrome fenders from your Hollywood could be adapted to the diamond Collegiate frame now since you are using the Hollywood's 559mm (26) wheels?

Just guessing that the bay area person was trading old stuff. He has some great stuff sometimes, and he usually always has some decent stuff. He is a great bay area business person!

Your bike looks sharp. I do like that Jim Rockford Firebird color.

Just wondering if the Schwinn chrome fenders from your Hollywood could be adapted to the diamond Collegiate frame now since you are using the Hollywood's 559mm (26) wheels?
Haven’t tried to fit them, but I might try ‘em out.

Haven’t tried to fit them, but I might try ‘em out.
The fenders are going to be too wide for the fender bridge and I think the forks are too narrow as well. Maybe you could pinch them in a bit. The fenders do not like to be altered in that way, maybe better luck cutting a notch in them. Nice build, good luck

lightweights with S-7's are great bikes!! something about the geometry makes them WAY better riders than an S-6 lightweight or an S-7 cantilever.

you can put the lightweight fenders on these if you feel the need for fenders. I have heavy duty tandem wheels and a kick back 2 speed on this one.

fun fun fun 🙂

Back