When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Half tank issues

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very cool. Obviously a very well designed bicycle.

Yes. I noticed those stops when I had the fork off to grease the bearings but didn't realize what they were at first. When reinstalling the fork, it wanted to turn and I didn't want it to hit the tank so I eased it over and I noticed it stopped on its own before touching the tank. I was like "oh, that's what those were for. Why don't all tank bikes have those?????"

33B4F20B-C352-437E-8300-2738B55EB3AD.jpeg
Yes I’m dealing with a half a tank at the moment .Does anyone have the other half in this color scheme? The original owners family couldn’t find the other half of this tank after he passed away . I don’t want to repaint a reproduction half to match. I have the rest of the bike I’d like to make complete.

I could probably sculpt and make someone a casting mold for those light lenses. Plaster or rubber mold. Looks like an easy fix and easy thing to sculpt.

I've been wanting to throw some of my casting knowledge at recreating bike parts. Just lookin for the right thing to do it on.

Hindsight, I could probably sculpt and make the mold for the whole tank. But you'd have to find a fiberglasser.

Meh. If anyone ever wants to collaborate on a cast of needed rare parts in general, get in touch, I've been mulling it over. If something inspires me, I'm game.

Back