When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handgrips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chaff1977

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi Guys,

I am trying to find a set of grips to suit the pictured trike. Bar is approximately 7 mm or 1/4 inch in diameter. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 108
Is that a scale model or did your micrometer malfunction? If the bar is 1/4", that's smaller than a pencil's diameter.

No malfunction, if you didn't guess by the use of the millimetre measurement first I actually live in Australia. This little child's trike is an early strap/flat steel strike made by Cyclops. Front wheel is 12 inch and rear wheels are 7 inch solid rubber. The handle bars are solid bars of steel.
To give a little perspective, if you look at the picture the previous owner has used a length of ordinary garden hose as replacement grips. That's how small the bars are.....

Thanks
Anthony

Another one with similar bars

This is another form of early Cyclops with the same solid bar handle bars. This trike is a little bigger with a 20 inch front wheel. It has the wrong seat on it though

Thanks
Anthony

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 107
Memory Lane Classics has pointed and ball end grips in 3/8" ID or 9.5mm listed on their website. They might have some 1/4" grips tucked away somewhere. I'm not sure what would be correct for this trike.

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping to find something close to original which was a rubber sort of material but I have been considering using wooden handles. They are probably the best option at the moment.

Thanks
Anthony

Back