When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handlebar grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WFarm

'Lil Knee Scuffer
These grips are currently on my 1955 Roadmaster, but there is not much about them I like and I am planning to replace them. I imagine they will be stubborn to remove and before I cut them (if it comes to that) I was wondering if they were of any value and worth preserving?

3975BABF-240E-4BF6-B494-2036D0EE4ECC.jpeg

235F973B-984B-46FA-A5E4-7CD771691599.jpeg

I believe these style grips were found on WF musclebikes such as the Buzz bike. No need to cut them. I usually get them off by using a 7/8" end wrench and a hammer. Put the end of the open end wrench over the bar against the grip and tap with a hammer. Sometime I use a very small flat tip screw driver to gently pry them up and squirt some WD 40 in before doing this. I have never had to cut one off. V/r Shawn

Use a small screw driver between the grip and bar and poor in hot water. You will need to move around the bar some but it works great

If you have an air compressor, blast between grip and bar to create an air cushion and they will fly off with no damage. (Been looking for a pair of black grips like this!) Please don't ruin them by cutting. :)

I believe these style grips were found on WF musclebikes such as the Buzz bike. No need to cut them. I usually get them off by using a 7/8" end wrench and a hammer. Put the end of the open end wrench over the bar against the grip and tap with a hammer. Sometime I use a very small flat tip screw driver to gently pry them up and squirt some WD 40 in before doing this. I have never had to cut one off. V/r Shawn

What a great idea! Worked like a charm. Thanks!

FF4B53EC-0A62-434F-9989-077B57ABCB58.jpeg

If you have an air compressor, blast between grip and bar to create an air cushion and they will fly off with no damage. (Been looking for a pair of black grips like this!) Please don't ruin them by cutting. :)

I hate destroying things and am glad I asked. Got them off no problem, no damage. Have no idea if they have any value but will likely put them on eBay.

These come up for sale now and then, either new old stock (NOS) from Western Auto Stores long closed, or from the guy who bought the molds from Hunt Wilde. Glad that you did not use channel-lock plyers, as is sometimes done. Not sure how common the amber-gold color might be.
I have found that regular chlorine bleach works okay for PVC grips, except for rust stains. Vinegar works okay for mild rust, but can damage if soaked too long.

I use the syringe that i was supposed measure my kids erythromyacin with ...... just when I thought I could get it done ... one more try and it comes free... need a dry towel after your hand are wet with whatever you use

and windex is king , but gel for of hand sanitizer , dish soap and even motor oil anything that wicks i've tried .... you never know when that unique color grip solves a a hunt

plus .....if you get them off in tact,

YOU can convince yourselt to spend even more on the grips you really want !! !!

Yup, air is the way to go. I haven't had a set not come off that way, though some can be stubborn.

Back