When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Handlebars: design and angle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Interesting how the design and angle of handlebars on the Stingrays varied. Here are some photos to illustrate... 2019 reproduction, 1969 Fair Lady "dirt bike," another reproduction bought in 2007, a 1978 Stingray and a 1970.

I prefer the bars that either go up slightly, like on my '69 or down slightly. I don't think I would be comfortable with the one in the last photo, the drastic downturn.

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3195.JPG

schwinnray.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_3231.JPG

The bars in the last pic are actually really comfortable! I thought the same thing about that kind of bar until I tried a set on a modern 24" Schwinn Corvette. No bend in the wrist makes for a very comfy ride! ;)

So comfortable in fact that when my best friend & his girlfriend came over to pick out a bike to ride for the OBC Bluz Cruz on Sunday, he decided he needs to keep it! (Been trying to get him on a bike for years...)

As mentioned above, it is best to actually ride bikes with different handlebars to get the feel of them.

Back