When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hanging bikes in Garage

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WetDogGraphix

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
With everything I have going on like house & yard maint (which seems never-ending) and bike projects, I got tired of moving bikes around when I needed more room in the garage...like most, I have some screw type hangers in the ceiling (enough for 5 bikes). Not bad for lightweight bikes that don't weigh anything, but having 9' ceilings in the garage make it hard for me to pick up the "Heavy's". So I started looking at ceiling racks. Found 1 that was cool & used a trolley system allowing the bikes to move on it, but for 7 bikes it was over $600. 1st thing I did was find threaded hooks....Park 450, 3/8" threads.
1.jpg

Then some trolleys and railing.....
1a.JPG
1aa.JPG

My thought was drill out the old hook, install the Park. Unfortunately, the axle of the trolley was also 3/8". No workeee.. Then I found some that would work....
2.JPG

3.JPG

Fit perfect into 1 5/8" Uni-strut from Lowes... the original system will work for raising and lowering the bikes....
1aaa.JPG

Attached it and then installed the Uni-strut.....
5.JPG

Then started adding bikes......
6.JPG

7.JPG
8.JPG

You can move them with 1 hand.....I had 6 bikes hanging in a 3' space but having them hang down made them in the way, so I added the second rail & hooks.
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG

So 8 bikes hanging in 5.5', nice......if you're interested in my pulley system, here. It has a Prusik brake system, meaning, when pulling up, the Prusik hits the pulley and allows the rope to slide thru, but when you go to lower it, it grabs the rope.....rock climbing trick....
9.JPG

Just thought I would share.........:D

Last edited:
NOT GOOD TO STORE BIKES IN UNHEATED GARAGE LOCATED IN VARIABLE COLD
WEATHER CLIMATE. THE BIKES WILL PICKUP CONDENSATION AND WILL RUST ESPECIALLY CHROME ,OTHERWISE OKAY IN WARM CLIMATE! SEE PICS!
Autocycle 025.JPG
1941 Autocycle original 014.JPG
1941 Autocycle original 001.JPG

Autocycle 006.JPG

Back