When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hanging them up... Bicycle storage

-
In case you wanna store them snide like mine:

4945D9F7-C7A4-4EA2-94DC-6A6FEBA9F332.jpeg

7FBE2FB9-C4E9-4076-9881-49F67A260B4B.jpeg

1611A7B6-BDA9-4341-AC72-33172E5F0E23.jpeg

it's all about the hooks. I bought a Harbor Freight rod bender many moons ago for the very purpose of bending hooks to hang stuff.

they were about half that price when I got mine but it did not come with the stand. it helps be in a building with metal beams with holes in them.

I just hung these 3. I got hooks all over the place but it is a pain to get up there. the bikes are at floor level.

In case you wanna store them snide like mine:

Nice display! If I look close, I can see the little brackets the tires are sitting on. What holds the bikes upright? Also, what keeps them from rolling fore/aft?

I just hung these 3. I got hooks all over the place but it is a pain to get up there. the bikes are at floor level.

I'm guessing they were hung upside down by the wheels when they were up high? I have no building with metal beams, but I could get a bunch of holes the way @sambo42xa did. Are the tires up tight against the wall, and do you have to keep them full to prevent damage? I see they are hanging next to the air compressor...

I'm guessing they were hung upside down by the wheels when they were up high? I have no building with metal beams, but I could get a bunch of holes the way @sambo42xa did. Are the tires up tight against the wall, and do you have to keep them full to prevent damage? I see they are hanging next to the air compressor...
I don't hang complete vintage bikes from the ceiling anymore. bikes are too awkward and heavy to lift. I had frames and wheels and things up there recently.
the bikes on the wall have only been there a week. the hooks are like 8" out from the wall. there is not much of a load on the tires. I like air in my tires, so unless it is hidden from view, I try to keep them full.
all the hoses and things are 40 feet away from the compressor. I didn't think about the tires when I put the bikes there.

Nice display! If I look close, I can see the little brackets the tires are sitting on. What holds the bikes upright? Also, what keeps them from rolling fore/aft?

They’re held up by a 3 piece kit. The main item is an angled bracket with a notch that holds the left pedal. The other two brackets protect the wall from the tires and help hold the bike too.

FANATU Bike Hanger Wall Mount (Pack 1 to 5) Bike Bicycle Storage Rack for Garage and Shed, Metal Bike Bicycle Hooks Holder with All Needed Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VS5C74...t_i_VJAADD398S92TAN5DN31?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

B70ED648-58E9-4CBE-B96A-64FDD966FAD6.jpeg

586B6017-9035-47D6-8C8C-001DC35E8A4C.jpeg

0CA8A30C-6244-4BFE-B6A8-7EB56E418B42.jpeg

Back