When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hanging them up... Bicycle storage

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
In case you wanna store them snide like mine:

4945D9F7-C7A4-4EA2-94DC-6A6FEBA9F332.jpeg

7FBE2FB9-C4E9-4076-9881-49F67A260B4B.jpeg

1611A7B6-BDA9-4341-AC72-33172E5F0E23.jpeg

it's all about the hooks. I bought a Harbor Freight rod bender many moons ago for the very purpose of bending hooks to hang stuff.

they were about half that price when I got mine but it did not come with the stand. it helps be in a building with metal beams with holes in them.

I just hung these 3. I got hooks all over the place but it is a pain to get up there. the bikes are at floor level.

In case you wanna store them snide like mine:

Nice display! If I look close, I can see the little brackets the tires are sitting on. What holds the bikes upright? Also, what keeps them from rolling fore/aft?

I just hung these 3. I got hooks all over the place but it is a pain to get up there. the bikes are at floor level.

I'm guessing they were hung upside down by the wheels when they were up high? I have no building with metal beams, but I could get a bunch of holes the way @sambo42xa did. Are the tires up tight against the wall, and do you have to keep them full to prevent damage? I see they are hanging next to the air compressor...

I'm guessing they were hung upside down by the wheels when they were up high? I have no building with metal beams, but I could get a bunch of holes the way @sambo42xa did. Are the tires up tight against the wall, and do you have to keep them full to prevent damage? I see they are hanging next to the air compressor...
I don't hang complete vintage bikes from the ceiling anymore. bikes are too awkward and heavy to lift. I had frames and wheels and things up there recently.
the bikes on the wall have only been there a week. the hooks are like 8" out from the wall. there is not much of a load on the tires. I like air in my tires, so unless it is hidden from view, I try to keep them full.
all the hoses and things are 40 feet away from the compressor. I didn't think about the tires when I put the bikes there.

Nice display! If I look close, I can see the little brackets the tires are sitting on. What holds the bikes upright? Also, what keeps them from rolling fore/aft?

They’re held up by a 3 piece kit. The main item is an angled bracket with a notch that holds the left pedal. The other two brackets protect the wall from the tires and help hold the bike too.

FANATU Bike Hanger Wall Mount (Pack 1 to 5) Bike Bicycle Storage Rack for Garage and Shed, Metal Bike Bicycle Hooks Holder with All Needed Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VS5C74...t_i_VJAADD398S92TAN5DN31?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

B70ED648-58E9-4CBE-B96A-64FDD966FAD6.jpeg

586B6017-9035-47D6-8C8C-001DC35E8A4C.jpeg

0CA8A30C-6244-4BFE-B6A8-7EB56E418B42.jpeg

Back