When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hank & Frank DX Schwinns

-
Here is a Schwinn New World with a similar badge I've been parting out , only Hank & Frank I've seen till now.

20161127_160043.jpg

photo0.jpeg

Those badges are peculiar, don't appear to be stamped but etched. . I haven't seen an old etched badge before, not to say I know spit about badges b/c I don't, except of latter times, which I prob know less [grin]. Just saying: That's Weird. As if they were rebadged, more recent than when the bikes were made, like possibly for a used bike sale in 60's or so?

Pretty sure they are legit OE. When I still lived in Colorado I talked to the son of the original owner of a prewar lightweight with this badge years ago but couldn't seal the deal:

http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/pr...chwinn-with-duck-bill-fender-in-denver.28543/

He claims it was purchased new from the shop and the bike had a vintage Berkeley license on it as well. The shop has been around since '25....

Back