When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hard to believe it's a middleweight

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I built a set of wheels for another build but I put them on my KSHD to see how they roll. I love my KS, I find it is becoming my go to ride. The wheels are fantastic and this bike rides really nice the bigger frame is awesome. I intend on putting these wheels on another middleweight and I need to clean up the heavy duty S7's for the KS.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

I built a set of wheels for another build but I put them on my KSHD to see how they roll. I love my KS, I find it is becoming my go to ride. The wheels are fantastic and this bike rides really nice the bigger frame is awesome. I intend on putting these wheels on another middleweight and I need to clean up the heavy duty S7's for the KS.

View attachment 1492447

View attachment 1492448

View attachment 1492449
Other than clearances man middle weights Really do look Good with 2.125" tires. They ride like a heavier cruiser but usually a few lbs lighter or at least it seems that way. I know my Columbia vs like a Higgins ballooner feels like big difference 🤷‍♂️

Nice looking wheelset. What rims are you running on your ride, if you don't mind me asking?
They are a set I made up. The rear hub is early red band Bendix and front is Schwinn script. The hoops are drop rims from Dan at Bicyclebones on Ebay. The spokes are new SS. I have used this set on a bunch of bikes. They have found a forever home on my 1960 Hornet.

IMG_0633 (1).jpg

This is the second of my KS bikes,a 1965 Heavy Duti all the parts were stamped '65. I love the look of the white walls against the painted fenders. I lucked out and the seat came to me recently on another bike, it was the missing piece. I can not wait to get a chance to ride this one and dial it in. The Heavy duty wheels are such overkill on these bikes but help to set them apart. The difference in the frame size is slight but it makes a big difference when you ride it.

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_1209 (2).jpg

I did basically the same thing but on a different level. I put some 26 x 1.75 tires w/ rear coaster brake on a lightweight Schwinn Traveler. It’s my go to bike for just getting from here to there and back. Same scenario - I cannot run fenders.
IMG_20200921_114753070.jpg

Last edited:
Back