When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Hard to find ~ 28 inch ~ Spring Fork ( patented Jan. 9, 1912 )

-

willswares1220

I live for the CABE
> $995.00 shipped <

I've seen this interesting fork used on some earlier Daytons. " Davis sewing Machine Co "or maybe some other brands as well.
The fork is completely nickel plated under that red house paint with the heavy iron spring being a darker metal.
That nickel plating has been lightly scuffed up ( scratches ) prior to that "wonderful" red paint job.......Some of them could be polished out somewhat for a better, original appearance, once its stripped of paint. The threaded tube length is a short 5-3/8 inches long without the bearing cups and races on. The tube is bent back slightly from a hit at one time that should be able to be straightened out and lengthened easily if necessary, for your application. The fork itself doesn't appear to be damaged from that hit, as shown.

A useful part for that classic ~ Teens ~ Dayton or custom bicycle, etc.!

( PM's answered )

Port Washington, WI 53074

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Hale.... I woulda bought that, I must have been spending $$$$ on castings then..... :(

Back